How to find your Income Tax Refund Status Online

Income Tax Refund status can be found online at . Once you visit the given site, just enter PAN number and the Assessment year to get the Income Tax Refund status.

Alternatively you can also contact SBI help desk by calling their Toll free number 18004259760 or email them at

Refund is valid only for those who file returns in time. Any delay in filing returns then one may loose interest on the refund.

The following are the different status of Income Tax Refund:

1. Change in Address

2. Cheque Encashed Status

It is the State Bank of India acts as refund banker to the Income Tax Department.

One can select either ECS or Cheque or DD. If it is ECS then amount deposited directly into the bank account of the tax payee.

Status of refund online available only 10 days after refund has been sent to refund banker (SBI).

Here is the website link to check the refund status online:

cancel-refund copy

Refund Banker Scheme

The 'Refund Banker Scheme,' which commenced from 24th Jan 2007, is now operational for taxpayers assessed all over India (except at Large Taxpayer Units) and for returns processed at CPC (Centralized Processing Centre) of the Income Tax Department at Bangalore.

In the 'Refund Banker Scheme' the refunds generated on processing of Income tax Returns by the Assessing officers/ CPC-Bangalore are transmitted to State Bank of India, CMP branch, Mumbai (Refund Banker) on the next day of processing for further distribution to taxpayers.

    Refunds are being sent in following two modes:

  1. RTGS / NECS: To enable credit of refund directly to the bank account, Taxpayer.s Bank A/c (at least 10 digits), MICR code of bank branch and correct communication address is mandatory.

  2. Paper Cheque: Bank Account No, Correct address is mandatory.

Taxpayers can view status of refund 10 days after their refund has been sent by the Assessing Officer to the Refund Banker - by entering 'PAN' and 'Assessment Year' below.

Other Refunds

Status of 'paid' refund, being paid other than through 'Refund Banker,' can also be viewed at by entering the 'PAN' and 'Assessment Year' below.

'Refund paid' status is also being reflected in the 'Tax Credit Statements' in Form 26AS.


Here is the website link to check the refund status online:

Comments (9)

  • Swapan Chakraborty said: Apr-19th-2012

    Dear Sir,
    I have filed my I.T. files through on line on 19.08.2011 under PAN :ABVPC4325N and acknowledgement No. 275313830190811.

    That on 11.04.2012 I submitted a letter address to the ITO, ward no. 54(2)but after submission yet I have no response and on that same day I also sent the copy of this letter to SBI , Mumbai and to the CPC Bangalore.

    Please arrange the three pending claims cheque.

    Thanking you,
    Yours faithfully,
    Swapan Chakraborty

  • vijaykumar.S said: May-9th-2012

    Dear Sir,

    The Return filed on 31st March 2011 for AY 2010-11 and income earned 2009-2010.

    online status didnt show any comments.I went couple of times to meet the assessment officer and response was very poor.

    Whom should i contact for assessment circle in chennai to know my original status. i have acknowledgement copy with me as proof.

  • monica v.sonthalia said: Oct-15th-2012

    I am not recd. our tax refund for asst.year 2010-2011 my PAN No.AVLPS311R,.

  • T.Venkat said: Dec-19th-2012

    D.Sudershn Goud pan AIOPG 1764b A.Y 2011-2012 refund cheque reference Number CMPQ3479608 Feb 10 2012 Speed post EN073148625IN Plesae send response sheet my address

  • Ahmed Pasha said: Jan-4th-2013

    Dear Sir, I have submitted Form 16 Year 2011-12, but not received TDS Returns Till the date

  • Ahmed Pasha said: Jan-4th-2013

    Our PAN No BJVPP2339A

  • mukesh m said: Feb-9th-2013

    dear sir I was out of city to receive the refund cheaque sent by you,so kindly please send it again to the same address . my pan no is AJSPM7476Kat . hoping for your helpfullness, thanking you . mukesh

  • Anonymous said: Mar-24th-2013

    Good post! We are linking to this great content on our site.
    Keep up the good writing.

  • SOMNATH SAMANTA said: Jul-12th-2013

    Sir, I am not received ITR 2011-2012 till date, My PAN No is AYGPS1648N, Please directly en cash to my SBI Account No 10964529738. Thank you.

Add A Comment